After several months, the works of the execution phase of the extension of the Waste Park, known as Building T14, at the Airbus Factory in Getafe, Madrid, Spain, have been completed.
Savener has participated in several phases of this project within the Engineering Framework Contract it has with Airbus. Firstly, as drafter of the Execution Project, generating a functional design in accordance with the aesthetics and operability of the existing buildings and, secondly, as Project Manager in the construction phase.
Of this surface area, approximately 45% corresponds to hazardous waste, where the available surface area has been doubled with respect to that existing before the project. The other 55% corresponds to non-hazardous waste, where the current storage capacity has almost doubled.
The auxiliary spaces have also been refurbished, increasing their capacity. The offices have been increased by 35%, including a new space that did not exist before: an office for the exclusive use of the personnel working in the park. The changing rooms have also been improved, doubling their capacity.
The installations in both the waste collection area and the auxiliary areas have been designed and executed with equipment using the latest technologies and with a maximum level of efficiency. The lighting of the entire waste park has been carried out with LED luminaires, including the replacement of the existing luminaires in the storage areas.
In the changing rooms and offices, aerothermal equipment has been used to air-condition the interior spaces and to generate DHW. This has allowed the elimination of the existing solar thermal installation, justifying even greater savings than those obtained previously.
In addition, the surface area of the outdoor area of the park has been doubled and the circulation of heavy vehicles has been reorganised, even improving the functionality of the facilities and optimising work flows.